Rainbow Apple & Yoghurt Spread
- 1 medium apple, cored
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey, optional
- 1 add-in, optional
- PINK: 1/4 cup grated beetroot
- GREEN: 2 tsp matcha powder
- ORANGE: 1/4 cup grated carrot
- PURPLE: 1/4 cup mixed berries, mashed
- CHOC: 2 – 3 tsp cocoa powder + extra maple syrup to taste
- 2 slices bread of choice, toasted
- Grate apple into a bowl and stir through yoghurt.
- Mix in maple syrup and one colour option, if using. Repeat with more yoghurt and apple, to make as many colours as you wish.
- Spread apple dip on toast, sprinkle with nuts and seeds to serve.
- The apple spreads can also be used as a great base for sandwiches or as a dip with crackers or veggie sticks for lunchboxes. Make the night before so they’re ready for the next day as they’ll store nicely in the fridge.
- We topped our rainbow toasts with nuts, hemp seeds, coconut, cacao nibs, cinnamon, and bee pollen.
Recipes and images by Jennifer Jenner, for Aussie Apples