Easy Honey Apple Pancakes with Honey Caramel Sauce
- 1 Fuji apple, sliced into four ½ cm thick rounds with seeds removed and the remainder chopped *
- 1 large egg
- 100 grams self-raising flour
- 100 millilitres light milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons light milk
- In a medium sized bowl, lightly beat the egg with a fork. Add in flour, milk, and oil, then stir with the fork until just combined (it will be lumpy which is ok). Set aside.
- In a large pan over low heat, heat 1 tablespoon honey and butter until melted.
- Add apple slices and cook for 20 seconds, then flip.
- Spoon pancake mixture evenly onto your apple slices and turn heat to medium-low. Flip using a spatula once bubbles appear around the edges and pancake is cooked on bottom side.
- Once pancakes are cooked through, remove from the pan and turn off the heat. Add in remaining honey, butter, chopped apples, and 1-2 tablespoons light milk. Stir with spatula to deglaze the pan and create a honey caramel sauce. Spoon sauce over pancakes and enjoy for breakfast!
* For a more tart/sweet flavour combination try with Granny Smith apples!