Apple Pie Chia Pudding with Roast Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup white chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 Pink Lady apple, grated
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Toppings; 1/2 Pink Lady apple, grated 1/2 Pink Lady apple, sliced, almond butter (see below), coconut yoghurt
Almond butter (Optional)
- 3 cups raw almonds
- Pinch salt
- Add chia seeds, milks, spices and grated apple to a medium sized bowl. Whisk together, then set in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 1 hour.
- In the morning, layer chia pudding into a jar with freshly grated apple, coconut yoghurt and almond butter. Top with extra almond butter and sliced apple and serve immediately.
Optional method (almond butter)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, and line a tray with baking paper.
- Bake almonds for a total of 12-15mins but turning the almonds every 5 minutes. Once roasted (they will be nice and fragrant, and slightly coloured), remove from oven and transfer to a bowl to cool for 20 mins. After that time, place nuts and salt in a food processor and blend for approx. 10 mins, until the nuts release their oils and create a smooth nut butter. Store in a clean, glass jar.
Recipes and images by Panaceas Pantry