Stuffed Baked Apples With Pecans, Dates And Ice-Cream
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 cup pecans
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Ice-cream of choice (we used coconut milk ice cream)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, and line a deep dish tray with baking paper. Set aside.
- Add pecans and spices to a food processor, and pulse until the nuts are in small chunks. Add dates (double check the pits are removed) and maple syrup, and pulse to form a sticky filling. Set aside.
- For each apple, cut a small slice off on the top, then use an apple corer (or sharp knife) to carefully hollow out the core, and a little of the inner apple. Ensure the base stays intact. Stuff with date-pecan mixture (create a small mound of filling on top), and place into the lined tray.
- Once all apples are prepped, bake for 40-50 mins, covering half way-through with a dome of aluminium foil.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of ice-cream, or your preferred condiment. Custard or cream would be wonderful, too.
Recipes and images by Panaceas Pantry