Apple & Potato Rosti Fritters
- 2 medium apples, cored
- 1 medium washed potato
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, for cooking
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Honey, optional
- Grate apple and potato into a large bowl. Add egg, onion, flour and salt, and stir until well combined. Divide into 12 portions, approximately 1/4 cup each.
- Add a quarter of the oil (2 tsp) to a large skillet over medium heat. Drop 4 mounds of apple mixture into the pan and press tops gently with a metal spatula to flatten.
- Cook 3 – 4 minutes until golden. Flip and cook a further 3 – 4 minutes. Move fritters to a paper towel-lined rack and repeat with remaining oil and apple mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together yoghurt, mint, and lemon juice. Season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve fritters warm, with mint yoghurt and a drizzle of honey.
- For a sweet rosti, omit onion and stir 1/2 tsp cinnamon into the batter.
Recipes and images by Jennifer Jenner, for Aussie Apples