Apple and Cinnamon Spelt Muffins
Try this delicious apple and cinnamon muffin recipe, an apple dessert favourite!
¼ cup apple juice concentrate
3 whole Granny Smith apples, juiced, keep pulp as well
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup white spelt flour
1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
2 tsp low allergy baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
¼ cup sultanas
¼ cup corn oil
Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celcius. Lightly oil a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Juice the apples whole, skin and all.
- Reserve the pulp and the juice, and place it all in a saucepan with the concentrate over a low to medium heat for five minutes, or until stewed.
- Set aside to cool.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl, and combine with the applesauce and corn oil.
- Sieve flours and combine in a bowl with baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add apple and egg mixture and mix until combined. Do not over mix or the mixture will become tough.
- Add walnuts and sultanas.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
Recipe by The Fresh Food Club