Spiced Kanzi® Apple Berry Breakfast Crumble
Georgia Barnes’ healthy, wholesome and deliciously sweet breakfast perfect for Autumn.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan | Refined Sugar Free
- 4 Kanzi® apples, cored and sliced
- 200g strawberries, sliced
- 200g blackberries
- 2 oranges, juice and zest
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour or cornflour
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre heat the oven to 180C, fan forced.
- In a bowl, combine Kanzi® apples, strawberries, blackberries, orange zest and juice, maple syrup, cinnamon and star anise. Once mixed well, transfer to a deep baking dish.
- To make the crumble topping, combine the coconut, almond meal, chia seeds, arrowroot flour and salt. Pour the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract over. Mix well until the crumble sticks together.
- Sprinkle over the top of the fruit mix. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the Kanzi® apples are cooked through and crumble is golden brown. To avoid the crumble browning too quickly, cover with foil halfway through cooking.
- To serve, place a generous spoonful of warm Kanzi® crumble into a bowl. Top with coconut yoghurt. Enjoy!
Recipe credit – http://www.georgiabarnes.com.au/